If your bathroom looks tired and isn’t functioning the way you need it to then you probably already know it’s time for a bathroom renovation.
Like anyone that begins the journey of renovating their bathroom the number one question is – how much does a bathroom renovation cost?
It’s a question you need to resolve before you can commit to diving in and ripping out those horrible tiles you’ve despised since forever!
Of course like any renovation it depends on a number of factors including the size of your space, what type of home you have, if you need to change the plumbing drainage or fixture locations and the level of finishes you desire.
Let’s look at each of these and the impact this has on cost.
Of course during the pandemic and as we leap into 2022 the cost of building has risen quite substantially and many homeowners find it difficult to find a tradie even willing to quote their renovations let alone do the actual work.
On the low end of the spectrum, a budget or small bathroom renovation in Adelaide where your fixtures and fittings remain in place will be in the $8,000 to $15,000 range.
The typical bathroom renovation in Adelaide is likely to be in the $15,000 to $25,000 range whereas a more luxurious bathroom renovation complete with the latest fixtures and fittings is will be in the $25,000 to $45,000+ price range.
Read one of our guides; how to renovate a bathroom with no money
So what exactly are the factors that influence bathroom renovation costs?
Your Type of Home:
- Solid Brick or Stone homes cost 15-25% more than brick veneer homes.
- So too if your home has high ceilings and you want to tile full height.
- Old homes typically have issues hidden beneath the surface so this also adds to the costs
- Timber floors – its a different process to tile over timber floors so that adds to the cost
- Old mosaic tiles on floors are much harder to remove than standard tiles
- Access and Location – renovating a bathroom requires a fair amount of demolition and that rubbish has to go somewhere. Having space on your property to locate a skip bin or trailer is crucial to keeping costs in check. If you live in a multi storey apartment you will need to check with your building super to see the rules in place for renovations and allowing for the effective removal of building debris.
Single Storey or Double Storey:
- The cost of working above a ground floor level will be more due to additional building rules that are in place for wet areas above ground level.
- Access also has a big part to play in costs. If your space is difficult to get materials too that will add to your costs.
Moving Fixture Location:
- If you wish to move your fixture locations then costs will rise.
- If you’re just moving one fixture such as a shower or vanity location and the remainder of your underfloor plumbing drainage is in good condition then it’s possible you can do a simple cut and repair to change the drains. If you re-designing the entire bathroom layout you will need to demolish and replace the entire floor and this has a big impact on costs.
NEED PROFESSIONAL HANDS?
We can help you NOW!
Your selection of Tiles, Fixtures and Fittings:
- Naturally the higher end of tiles, fixtures and fittings you select then the greater the costs
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average cost of a bathroom renovation in Adelaide?
The average cost of a bathroom renovation in Adelaide can vary depending on factors such as the size of the bathroom, the extent of the renovation, and the materials used. On average, you can expect to spend between $10,000 and $25,000 for a basic to mid-range renovation.
What factors can affect the cost of a bathroom renovation in Adelaide?
Several factors can influence the cost, including the complexity of the design, the quality of materials chosen (e.g., tiles, fixtures), any structural changes required, additional features (e.g., bathtub, shower), and the contractor's labor costs.
Are there any hidden costs to consider?
It's essential to budget for potential hidden costs, such as plumbing or electrical upgrades, waterproofing, permits, and unforeseen structural issues that may arise during the renovation process. Consulting with a professional contractor can help identify and account for these costs.
Can I save money on a bathroom renovation in Adelaide?
Yes, there are ways to save money on a bathroom renovation. You can consider keeping the existing layout to avoid costly plumbing changes, choose more affordable materials or fixtures, and compare quotes from multiple contractors to ensure competitive pricing.
How long does a bathroom renovation typically take in Adelaide?
The duration of a bathroom renovation can vary depending on the scope of work. A simple renovation may take a few weeks, while a more extensive project can last several months. It's advisable to discuss the timeline with your chosen contractor beforehand.
If you would like a no obligation quote for renovating your bathroom in Adelaide or the Adelaide Hills please call us on 1800 955 111 to book a time.